Koch 33 Auto is seeking an experienced Collision Center Estimator to join our growing team. The role of the Collision Center Estimator is to appraise vehicle damage to determine cost of repair for insurance claim settlement while having an open relationship with the customer.
- Promptly greet and consult customers on service needs, perform a thorough vehicle inspection.
- Work with customers and Body Shop Technicians to identify required repair work.
- Offer additional services and repairs to customers.
- Enter itemized estimates on repair order and explain estimates to customer.
- Prepare estimate for damage and review with Body Shop manager or foreman
- Break down estimates into labor and parts before job is started so body shop technicians are aware of time allowances
- Dispatches and maintains an organized workload.
- Follow up parts department orders to insure parts availability
- Revise and approve time allowances of each job
- Work with insurance companies to manage the claims for our customer
- Keep customer informed on completion times, service expenses, and possible changes.
- Reconcile and prepare final invoices matching approved estimates
- Assist with quality check of completed jobs
- Prepare and submit Warranty Claims
- Ensure customer satisfaction with repairs and overall experience
- Maintains Customer Satisfaction score at or above designated standards.
- Meets dealership's standards for repair/order production.
- Evaluate vehicles coming in for service, prepare estimates and review recommendations with customers to up sell work for the collision center
Auto Body Estimators follow jobs through the entire process from initial greeting, handling all insurance related communications, overseeing parts ordering, keeping customers updated through the process and quality controls the vehicle through repairs to final delivery.
- Pulling, pushing, bending, standing, lifting, and reaching.
- Must have knowledge of major insurance program protocols and can upload estimates/images that meet those standards accordingly
- Excellent communication skills, high level of initiative, and ability to be a strong team player
- Experience in the estimating / body shop / automotive field
- Basic MS Office knowledge; computer software, internet proficiency, and general mathematics skills
- I-Car or other industry training history
- PA appraisers license required
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Outstanding communication skills in both verbal and written.
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record per dealership standards
Koch 33 Auto’s Commitment to You:
- Closed on Sundays
- Health Insurance, Dental, Vision
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Time
- Well established business. Open since 1978!
- Ongoing training and certifications
- Opportunities for advancement